Baby Mack

Baby Mack
newborn

Mr Curls

Mr Curls
3 Years Old

About Me

My photo
Twin Falls, Idaho
Happy US Navy Wife & Mother of One handsome little Boy! I love Family, good Friends, Camping, Crafts, Couponing & Photography :)

Family

Family
Powered by Blogger.

April 15, 2005

April 15, 2005
"Meeting you was fate, Loving you was out of my control, Getting engaged to you was more than words could say. Being married it takes my breath away."

Posts

4.06.2012

Adventures in potty training...

 Well the time has come... I had decided to really nip this in the butt the month of April! since we didn't really have any huge plans & we wouldn't have any visitors so I could focus on being at the house.

   I started Yesterday, I had asked a lot of friends for advice & then also read up on it in one of my favorite books "Toddler Wise" ( side note: both "Toddler Wise" & "Baby Wise" have been such huge helps..If u are pregnant and in the market for a good book to help get the baby on a schedule I highly recommend it! ) back to what I was talking about...I started our journey on Thursday.

   After we had breakfast I told him we were gonna say good bye to diapers. We tried to sit on the little potty ( training potty) and go with nothing at first. So I set the timer and told him every 15 mins we were gonna go sit on the potty. Well after a morning of accidents, I decided to go with a different approach that D's' cousin said she used with her son. Put him in front of the TV on the potty and he can watch anything he wants...What a huge difference! He went potty a whole bunch of times! He did pee the bed at nap time but I was expecting it. Last night he did sleep with a training diaper. But I limited his fluid intake about 6pm and he woke up almost all the way dry!

   So we had a few places to run to this morning, so still in a training diaper til we got home, but ever since we have been back he has gone on his little potty! its still in the front room for now, but he knows where it is and has gone to it when  needing to pee or was already sitting on it. He loves telling me after he goes pee and we go to the toilet and dump the pee..plus after I give him 4 jelly beans ( I never give him candy, so he knows its an extra special treat.)..so its almost nap time & only 1 accident. poop on the hardwood , but he came right to me to tell me about it, which I was very proud of! I hope every day gets better & better! fingers crossed!

  Maybe we will even be potty trained when Daddy comes home next Friday! :)

No comments: